In partnership with the DBT Linehan Board of Certification (DBT-LBC), the Society for DBT in the UK and Ireland require the following for accreditation as a DBT Therapist:
Before applying, you must be an ordinary member of the Society for DBT: UK & Ireland (if you are not a member yet, you should first click here)
At present, to apply for accreditation through the SfDBT, you must be practising in the UK or Ireland. If you wish to be accredited in DBT and are not in these geographic areas, please contact the Linehan Institute to enquire about your options.
The application process is a three-step process.
Submit your application, training record and mindfulness log using the online application process. Request a report from your supervisor, which must also be submitted online. Please ask your supervisor to click on the ‘Supervisor Report page’ link below and complete the required information.
PLEASE DO NOT POST APPLICATION FORMS WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT ONLINE OR APPLICATIONS FORMS ATTACHED AND SENT VIA EMAIL
- ACCREDITATION APPLICATION STAGE 1
- GUIDELINES ON PART ONE OF THE APPLICATION FOR ACCREDITATION
- DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE APPLICATION FORM FOR REFERENCE.
- SUPERVISOR REPORT PAGE
Submit your formulation and chain of treatment interfering behaviour using the online application process.
- ACCREDITATION APPLICATION STAGE 2
- DOWNLOAD GUIDELINES ON PART TWO OF THE APPLICATION FOR ACCREDITATION
When submitting your case conceptualisation and therapist interfering behaviour, please follow the format of the examples closely.
- CASE CONCEPTUALISATION
- CASE CONCEPTUALISATION Presentation Conference 2020
- THERAPIST INTERFERING BEHAVIOUR EXAMPLE
Finally, you will be asked to submit recordings of three consecutive sessions of individual therapy.
- ACCREDITATION APPLICATION STAGE 3
- DOWNLOAD GUIDELINES ON PART THREE OF THE APPLICATION FOR ACCREDITATION
At each stage of the application process, you are required to pay a fee of £70. Fee total = £210.
The accreditation period is for 10 years once you are approved as an accredited therapist.
To begin the application process, go to the ONLINE APPLICATION PAGE