Accreditation as a DBT Supervisor with the SfDBT: UK and Ireland is now available.
Supervisor Accreditation is for senior and experienced DBT Practitioners who provide significant DBT Supervision.
This application process provides an outline of best practice that supervisors can work towards and those seeking supervision may want to ask potential supervisors about. It is important to note that the society will still accept supervisors who are not accredited as having provided the 20 hours of supervision that therapists require for their DBT therapist Accreditation application form.
In order to be eligible for Supervisor Accreditation all applicants must:
- Be current ordinary members of the Society for DBT: UK & Ireland.
- At some point have been a Fully Accredited DBT Therapist with the SfDBT for at least three years, or be able to demonstrate that they have met the criteria for Full Accreditation with SfDBT for at least three years.
- Have treated a minimum of 15 clients using DBT and 10 for their complete DBT treatment
- Have attended weekly consult for a minimum of 5 years
- Provide evidence of on going Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in DBT, mindfulness or related topics
- Be providing regular specialist DBT Supervision which must include listening to, and giving feedback on, tapes of 1:1 DBT sessions
- Have evidence of regular supervision or support for their supervision activities.
All applicants must submit:
- An application form
- Application fee of £90
- Reference evidencing, they have treated a minimum of 15 clients using DBT and have attended weekly consult for a minimum of 5 years
- A log of on-going Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in DBT, mindfulness or related topics including certificates. The minimum requirement is for 2 days of training and/or self-directed study per year. Evidenced by a training log
- A mindfulness log
- A log of regular specialist DBT Supervision provided
- Supervisee feedback forms from at least 3 DBT Therapist supervisees from at least 2 different DBT consultation teams. At least one feedback form must be from a supervisee where the supervisor listened to, and gave feedback on, tapes of their 1:1 DBT sessions
- Supervisor Reference from an SFDBT Accredited DBT Therapist (or equivalent) of the applicants last 2 years of supervision activities and abilities
Supervisor Reference (for completion and submission) – this must be completed by an experienced DBT Practitioner who is accredited by SfDBT or equivalent. This document should be completed and signed and submitted at the time of application.